Alex Schaap was a student and, later, a parent in the Calgary Christian School community. He was a man of integrity, known for his ability to think “outside the box” to use technology in creative and innovative ways. This annual award will be presented to a Grade 12 student who is entering post-secondary training in the field of technology. The recipient will be an exceptionally creative, innovative and resourceful person who is skilled with technology and demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning.
Interested applicants should submit the following:
* a letter outlining their qualifications for the Scholarship
* two reference letters
* if possible, an example of their creative technological skills
Applications should be sent by email or mail to:
(subject line: Alex Schaap Memorial Scholarship Committee)
The successful applicant must:
* be a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident,
* be an Alberta resident,
* be a Palliser Regional Schools grade 12 student
* have completed the requirements for high school graduation in Alberta,
* plan to enroll full-time in the first year of an accredited post-secondary institution or technical training institution in a Technology program.
The selection process is based on the discretion of the selection committee based at Calgary Christian School. We encourage applicants to be creative and resourceful with their application submission demonstrating why they would be eligible to receive this scholarship.
Deadline: May 22, 2019
Disbursement: A cheque will be issued by ASCEND.