Do you dream of being a doctor but medical school seems out of reach?
If you have the brains, passion and dedication to pursue it, a career in medicine is within your grasp.
The Cumming School of Medicine has designed the new Pathways to Medicine Scholarship program to support the enrollment and success of future MD students from traditionally under-represented groups throughout Alberta.
The scholarship includes tuition support for your choice of University of Calgary undergraduate program, a relocation allowance if you need it, supports a paid summer internship, and connects you with mentors from the faculty, student body and community. When you complete your undergraduate degree you are guaranteed admission (assuming certain criteria are met) into the university’s MD program.
If you’re a graduating high school student from anywhere in Alberta and you want to help people live healthier lives, your pathway to medicine could start right now.
- Apply to the University of Calgary by March 1, 2018
- Complete the preliminary application as per the 2018/2019 deadlines
- Refer to the Pathways to Medicine Scholarship Applicant Manual - 2018/2019 Application Cycle information is available in the sections below.
Five students will receive:
- Tuition and fees: $5,000/year (for four years)
- Relocation allowance: up to $1,000
- Summer internship: $6,000 (in third year)
Listen to more information about the Pathways to Medicine Scholarship in this CBC Calgary Eyeopener interview with Dr. Ian Walker.
**NEW opportunities available for Cumming School of Medicine faculty and students to get involved with Pathways. See details HERE.